Service Design Lead London
Sorry, this position no longer exists or has been filled
Please feel free to get in touch, though. We are always keen to meet good people : )
We’re creating an ambitious open street data platform in collaboration with the Department for Transport.
This platform is set to revolutionise the way that the public can access street disruption data, provide clean congestion information to the government, and enable highways authorities and utilities organisations to work together in a completely new way. cxpartners has been appointed to deliver this programme as part of a consortium in a major new programme that will last 12-18 months.
We are therefore looking for an ambitious and detailed-oriented Service Design Lead to take a leading role in the execution of the programme.
Our ambition is to:
- Define a beautifully formed ecosystem of services that create value between highways authorities and organisations that have a need to use streets
- Design new service journey flows that enable people to seamlessly and efficiently administer street works
- Craft a simple and robust UI layer that stands the test of industrial use, and time
This will involve:
- Leading, inspiring, and energising a 7-12 strong team of designers and researchers
- Liaising with development scrum teams
- Working with, and providing a great service to our Department of Transport client
- Overseeing researchers, reviewing plans and interpreting findings
- Mentoring and managing UX and UI designers
- Documenting the service design blueprint, and managing the journey designs
- Working with BAs to gather needs, create user stories, prioritise, and brief developers
- Understanding and the working to GDS guidelines
- Running to an agile, scrum ceremony-led working practice
- Planning and executing live pilot tests
We’re looking for someone able to begin work at the start of May.
Within cxpartners, you’ll be part of the Public Sector team, where we focus on nothing but transforming public services around the deep needs of citizens. However, also being part of the wider cxpartners group will allow you to bring the best inspiration from our other teams working in Financial Services and Retail.
You will work collaboratively in a cross-functional, agile team with other UX consultants, visual designers, technologists, project managers and clients to research and craft innovative design solutions that make a difference. You will also work with the Public Sector team leadership to shape, cost and communicate clear objective-led programmes of work.
If selected, you’ll be a design leader in one of the UK’s most respected User Centred Design consultancies. Your role will be to ensure that our teams deliver fantastic quality work to our clients. As a senior practitioner in a user-centred design business, you will be at the heart of everything we do.
You’ll ensure team members understand their roles and responsibilities, and you’ll mentor junior practitioners. We expect you to understand the fundamentals of the way a business like cxpartners works, and to understand our customers’ businesses too.
In particular, you will:
- Work with clients to help them use digital to best effect and to meet their users’ needs through the delivery of excellent, innovative products, services and experiences.
- Take responsibility for the quality and shape of our delivery.
- Take ownership of, and lead projects for, your clients.
- Be proficient in research/design/prototyping methods and processes.
- Be used to working lean and be familiar with agile.
- Have innovation and calculated risk-seeking in your DNA.
- Be good with clients, able to lead and willing to coach staff.
- Be proactive in projecting cxpartners’ value into the Financial Services sector and experience design community.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You have more than six years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency, and experience of working within a cross-disciplinary team.
You have detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX methodology and practices. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and very much outcome-driven. Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. We’d like you to be the kind of person who is able to help us do that.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly. You’ll need a level of natural authority to help you lead your teams, and to ensure clients listen to you and people respond to you.
We’d like you to be able to see the big picture and have a strong attention to detail - both are possible, we think!
You’ll have been educated to degree level. If this is in a behavioural science, so much the better. If not, don't worry, but we’ll want you to convince us that you can objectively distinguish between fact and fiction when designing for real people.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV.