User Experience Consultant (mid weight) London
This is a new, full-time, permanent role in our London office. You will be working in our Home and Society ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (read Giles’ blog about pods here). The Home & Society pod serves to help public and private organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today, and tomorrow. The team operates as design innovation partner for our clients to create brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities. Check out some of what the team have been up to here.
Our UX Consultants ensure we deliver fantastic quality work to our clients. As a mid weight UX practitioner in a user-centred design business, you are the powerhouse of the Home and Society (H&S) Pod - you’re generating a wealth of ideas and producing a variety of work.
You will work collaboratively in a cross-functional, agile team with other UX consultants, visual designers, technologists, project managers and clients to research and craft innovative design solutions that make a difference.
In particular, you'll:
- Work with clients to help them use digital to best effect and to meet their users’ needs through the delivery of excellent, innovative products, services and experiences.
- Be proficient in research/design/prototyping methods and processes.
- Be responsible for creating client deliverables on our projects. You will conduct UX research and design activities, for example interviewing research participants, helping to run workshops, presenting research findings, sketching interfaces, contributing to new business activities, and introducing new tools and techniques to the business.
- Have a good awareness of and experience of lean and agile methodologies.
- Have innovation and calculated risk-seeking in your DNA.
- Have good consultative skills, and be able to work well with clients, for example in running workshops and interviews.
- Be proactive in projecting cxpartners’ value into our clients’ sectors and into the experience design community.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You have more than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, probably either in a UX or creative agency, or in an in-house UX team. You’ll have experience of working within a cross-disciplinary team. Experience of the digital government, retail, or charities sectors would be a plus.
You have detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX methodology and practices. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic, in our approach, and very much outcome-driven. Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. We’d like you to be the kind of person who is able to help us do that.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly. You’ll be good at influencing, and show an interest in people. You’ll be commercially savvy, have great creativity and enjoy problem solving.
We’d like you to be able to see the big picture and have a strong attention to detail - both are possible, we think!
You’ll have been educated to degree level. If this is in a behavioural science, so much the better. If not, don't worry, but we’ll want you to convince us that you can objectively distinguish between fact and fiction when designing for real people.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
This role will involve some travel, primarily in the UK, and some overnight stays.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package with 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV and portfolio.
No agencies please.