Senior Project Manager Bristol
This is a full-time role maternity cover role in our central Bristol office, from as soon as possible until June 2019.
Project Management is central to the successful operation of cxpartners. Our Senior Project Managers are key figures in the leadership teams of our ‘Pods’, our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (you can read Giles’ blog about them here). They help to ensure the successful running of the Pod and the successful delivery of projects for our clients.
Collaboration and team working are key in this role. We’ll want you to have strong soft skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
Your specific objectives will be to:
- Act as Programme Manager for a major new programme of work for one of our Financial Services clients, working with our expert cross-functional team. You’ll be supported in this by our existing Senior Project Manager.
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You’ll do this by organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and wash-up meetings, by setting up and managing clear client communication lines, and by using our PM Toolkit.
- Work independently and balance multiple projects and processes across all of your clients. Where appropriate, delegate projects or clients to a more junior or freelance PM, while retaining overall responsibility for the ‘golden triangle’ of time, quality and profit. Manage the capacity of other PMs in your team.
- Closely manage the financial aspects of your projects. Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting, liaising closely with your pod, the finance team and the wider delivery team.
- Support detailed scoping of projects and new business opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects, and troubleshoot issues quickly and with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately. Be confident presenting at meetings and workshops, for example, facilitating stakeholder workshops where appropriate.
- Manage and plan resource for your projects and the wider pod, balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team, and ensuring you maintain a work/life balance both for yourself and the consultants.
- Play a key role in leading and shaping the direction, vision and plans of your Pod.
- Act as line manager to more junior Project Managers, and be responsible for freelance Project Managers.
The role will involve some travel.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You’ll have more than four years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency. In particular, you will have experience of working with a cross disciplinary team in an agile way.
You’ll have detailed knowledge and practical experience of project management methodology and practices.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely. You’ll have a quiet ‘natural authority’ with your team and clients that ensures you are listened to and people respond when appropriate.
You’ll demonstrate strong attention to detail.
You’ll have been educated to degree level education, or have equivalent demonstrable experience. We’d love you to have some relevant Project Management training (Scrum Master, for example).
You’ll have the right to live and work in UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV.