Senior Project Manager London
This is a new, full-time, permanent role in our London office. You will be working in our Home and Society ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (read Giles’ blog about pods here). The Home & Society pod serves to help public and private organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today and tomorrow. The team operates as a design innovation partner for their clients, and creates brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities. Check out some of what the team have been up to here.
Project Management is central to the successful operation of cxpartners. Our Senior Project Managers are key figures in our ‘pods’, and help to ensure that the pod runs well and that projects are delivered successfully.
You’ll report to our London Experience Strategy Director and help to grow our presence and our pipeline of work in London.
About this role:
Collaboration and team working and are key in this role. We’ll want you to have great soft skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
We value people who show an interest in user-centred design, a passion for managing digital projects, strong attention to detail, and great written and spoken communication skills. We look for these qualities in how they present their work, and how they talk about their previous roles.
We’re looking for someone who has wonderful client facing skills as well as great delivery experience. You’ll be in day-to-day contact with a number of our clients, and will help our Client Services team to develop relationships with existing clients, and build projects into programmes of work.
Your specific objectives will be to:
- Deliver your assigned projects on time and to budget, or manage by exception when required. We’ll judge your success by comparing the actual profitability of your projects to their projected profitability, and their final delivery date to their projected date (although we know that things change and there’s always a story to tell alongside the figures!)
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You’ll do this by organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and wash-up meetings, by setting up and managing clear client communication lines, and by using our PM Toolkit.
- Work independently and balance multiple projects and processes across all of your clients. Where appropriate, delegate projects or clients to a more junior or freelance PM, while retaining overall responsibility for the ‘golden triangle’ of time, quality and profit.
- Closely manage the financial aspects of your projects. Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting, liaising closely with your pod, the finance team and the wider delivery team.
- Support detailed scoping of projects and new business opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects, and troubleshoot issues quickly and with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately. Be confident presenting at meetings and workshops, for example, facilitating stakeholder workshops where appropriate.
- Manage and plan resource for your proectd, balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team, and ensuring you maintain a work/life balance both for yourself and the consultants.
- Act as line manager to more junior Project Managers, and be responsible for freelance Project Managers.
The role will involve some travel.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You’ll have more than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency. In particular, you will have experience of working with a cross disciplinary team in an agile way.
You’ll have detailed knowledge and practical experience of project management methodology and practices.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely. You’ll have a quiet ‘natural authority’ with your team and clients that ensures you are listened to and people respond when appropriate.
You’ll demonstrate strong attention to detail.
You’ll have been educated to degree level education, or have equivalent demonstrable experience. We’d love you to have some relevant Project Management training (Scrum Master, for example); but we’ll provide this if you don’t already have it.
You’ll have the right to live and work in UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great packag ewith 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV.