Operations Team Assistant Bristol
This is a 6 month, full-time role in our Central Bristol office, with the possibility to move to a permanent role at the end of the contract.
As our only Ops Team Assistant, you will be at the heart of our business and particularly of our Bristol office, working closely with our Managing Director, our Employee Experience Director, our wider Operations Team, and our Project Managers (who are responsible for the scheduling and planning of our client projects). You’ll have a wide-ranging remit across the daily operations of cxpartners, with the aim of making things run smoothly, and supporting the senior team.
Although you’ll be based in Bristol, you’ll need to spend some time in our London office and get to know our team there.
You’ll report to our Employee Experience Director.
In particular, you will:
- Manage the calendars of our senior team (and in particular our Managing Director), for example, by booking meetings, organising travel, and arranging interviews. You will also help to organise workshops and internal conferences for the whole company.
- Provide general admin, logistics and project management support across a wide range of areas for the SLT and Ops Team, for example, helping organise our ISO 27001 compliance project, managing the company holiday tracker, organising presents for staff, taking responsibility for internal change projects, helping to organise training.
- Provide some PA support to our Managing Director, for example, organising meetings and appointments, writing up notes, conducting research, managing correspondence.
- Support the Employee Experience Director with HR/ Legal tasks and admin as required, for example, draw up contracts and letters, process childcare vouchers, add new starters to our Healthcare plan, update our Staff Information database, reply to speculative applicants, help manage work experience students.
- Act as the main point of communication with new starters between when they are recruited and when they join cxpartners. You will arrange their first day in the office, prepare and share their induction document and plan, and co-ordinate with their line manager, the IT Manager, and the Employee Experience Director to make sure everything runs smoothly for them.
- Manage our freelance database (currently a Google sheet and a Trello Board). You will vet CVs of new freelancers, record their information (in accordance with GDPR legislation), arrange interviews for them with internal staff, and write up notes. You will also manage the communication with potential and existing freelancers.
- Draw up contracts for freelancers (using our templates) and ensure their terms of engagement are clear. You will make sure all freelancers have signed contracts, and store these securely and in accordance with GDPR legislation.
- Provide cover for our Office Manager’s holidays and time off, and extra capacity at busy times, in particular by covering reception/ front desk duties, and looking after clients and visitors.
- Assist our Office Manager in the general upkeep of the office, for example, loading and unloading the dishwasher, helping to keep the office tidy, helping with social events such as the Christmas party.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with a helpful, “can do” attitude. You will work well in a team but also be comfortable working alone. We’re looking for a sunny disposition, and for someone who is proactive, can anticipate situations and work well under pressure. We’d like someone who is flexible and enjoys contributing to a creative and busy team.
Most importantly, you’ll have excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
You’ll have a good head for numbers and be highly organised. (e.g. spreadsheets, databases, budgets).
You’ll have great attention to detail, ensuring that all tasks are completed with care and precision.
You’ll probably have a university degree and some work experience in an administrative or support role. If you have experience in a similar, creative environment, that would be a plus. This is an ideal first role for someone considering a career in digital project management, studio management, or HR.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. Whilst you’re with us:
- We’ll pay you a monthly salary of £1,220 - £1,500 (dependent on experience).
- You’ll get a chance to join in with the activities of our Bristol team (for example Cake Wednesdays, where we take it in turns to share skills with each other as a team).
- You’ll get the opportunity to gain practical HR and project management skills and experience, working with talented, friendly and experienced professionals.
- You’ll experience the fast pace of agency life.
- We’ll provide you with a written reference at the end of your time with us.
- You’ll get 12.5 days paid holiday.
- You’ll be automatically enrolled in our company pension plan.
- You’ll get a Macbook.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV.
No agencies, please.