Mid Weight Project Manager London
Sorry, this position no longer exists or has been filled
Please feel free to get in touch, though. We are always keen to meet good people : )
This is a full-time role in our central London office. Project Management is central to the successful operation of cxpartners. You’ll report to our Senior Project Manager and help us deliver great work by keeping us focused on delivering on time, to budget and to specification.
About this role
Collaboration and team working are key in this role. We’ll want you to have great soft skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
We value people who show an interest in user-centred design, a passion for managing digital projects, strong attention to detail, and great written and spoken communication skills. We look for these qualities in how they present their work, and how they talk about their previous roles.
Your specific objectives will be to:
- Deliver your assigned projects on time and to budget, or manage by exception when required. We’ll judge your success by comparing the actual profitability of your projects to their projected profitability, and their final delivery date to their projected date (although we know that things change and there’s always a story to tell alongside the figures!)
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You’ll do this by organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and wash-up meetings and by setting up and managing clear client communication lines.
- Closely manage the financial aspects of your projects. Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting, liaising closely with your team, the finance team and the wider delivery team.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects, and troubleshoot issues quickly and with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately. You’ll be confident presenting at meetings and workshops, for example facilitating stakeholder workshops where appropriate.
- Manage and plan resource for your projects, balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team, and ensuring you maintain a work/life balance both for yourself and the consultants.
The role will involve some travel nationally and internationally.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You’ll have more than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency. In particular, you will have experience of working with a cross-disciplinary delivery team in an agile way.
You’ll have sound knowledge and practical experience of project management methodologies and practices.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to listen and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely. You’ll have a natural authority with your team and clients that ensures you are listened to and people respond when appropriate.
You’ll demonstrate strong attention to detail.
You’ll have been educated to degree level education, or have equivalent demonstrable experience. We’d love you to have some Agile or SCRUM Project Management training under your belt.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get a great package 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.