Lead User Experience Consultant London
This is a new, full-time, permanent role in our London office. You will be working in our thriving Home & Society ‘pod’, one of our industry sector-focused, mini ‘business units’ (read Giles’ blog about pods here). The Home & Society pod serves to help public and private organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today, and tomorrow. The team operates as design innovation partner with clients to create brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities.
Our Lead Consultants shape engagements, and lead our design teams, to ensure that we deliver fantastic quality work to our clients. As a senior practitioner in a user-centred design business, you will be at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be researching and crafting innovative design solutions that make a difference to people’s lives.
You’ll be a key person in our small but growing London studio. You’ll report to our Home and Society Experience Strategy Director.
As our only Home and Society Lead UX Consultant in London, you will be responsible for leading our engagement on a number of client accounts. You’ll work closely with senior client stakeholders. You’ll help respond to opportunities and will shape, cost and communicate both individual projects and wider programmes of work.
You will work collaboratively in cross-functional, agile teams with other UX consultants, visual designers, technologists, project managers and clients.
You’ll ensure team members understand their roles and responsibilities, and you’ll mentor junior practitioners. You’ll help to recruit both freelancers and permanent staff, and in time, we’ll want you to take over line management responsibilities.
We expect you to understand the fundamentals of the way a business like cxpartners works, and to understand our customers’ businesses too.
In particular, you will:
- Work with clients to help them use digital to best effect and to meet their users’ needs through the delivery of excellent, innovative products, services and experiences.
- Take responsibility for the quality and shape of our delivery.
- Take ownership of, and lead programmes of work for, your client accounts.
- Identify and nurture new business leads through your accounts.
- Provide thought leadership and design methodology as part of the process of bidding for and winning new work.
- Share your deep knowledge of the latest digital trends with your clients, and help them to develop further value from their markets.
- Be proficient in research/design/prototyping methods and processes.
- Be used to working lean and be familiar with agile.
- Have innovation and calculated risk-seeking in your DNA.
- Be great with clients, able to lead and willing to coach staff.
- Be proactive in projecting cxpartners’ value into the digital government, charities and digital home sectors and the wider experience design community.
Your personal qualities and experience:
You have six years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency and experience of working within a cross-disciplinary team.
You have detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX methodology and practices. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and very much outcome-driven. Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. We’d like you to be the kind of person who is able to help us do that.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly. You’ll need a level of natural authority to help you lead your teams, and to ensure clients listen to you and people respond to you.
We’d like you to be able to see the big picture and have a strong attention to detail - both are possible, we think!
You’ll have experience of leading teams including UX researchers and designers.
You’ll have been educated to degree level. If this is in a behavioural science, so much the better. If not, don't worry, but we’ll want you to convince us that you can objectively distinguish between fact and fiction when designing for real people.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV.