Financial Controller (Maternity cover) Bristol
This is a 14 month, part-time (4 days a week) maternity cover role in our Bristol office, ideally starting in September.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Financial Controller to work in our busy Operations ‘pod’ as part of the finance department in the head office of our user-centered design consultancy. You will report to our Finance Director and provide support on key financial tasks to help the finance department run smoothly.
In your day-to-day activities, you will be dealing with a range of people throughout the business and across both of our offices.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has extensive experience of working in an accounts/finance environment.
- Has experience of working with Xero (essential).
- Is part qualified CIMA or equivalent. Agency background preferred.
- Is calm and professional and has experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Is highly numerate, and has good written and verbal communication skills.
- Is a great problem solver, calm under pressure, highly organised and deadline focused.
- Has a helpful, approachable, “can do” attitude and is an effective team player.
- Is flexible and enjoys contributing to a creative and busy team.
- Has excellent knowledge of Google Sheets and MS Office and particularly MS Excel. We use Apple technology, so familiarity with Mac computers would be a plus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Finance Director to prepare the month end accounts to tight deadlines. This will include accruals and prepayments, WIP reconciliation and double-checking postings to the accounts.
- Cashflow - supporting and helping the Financial Director.
- Payroll - inputting salary and pension payments, making payments online, maintaining payroll journals and ad hoc duties.
- Ensuring cxpartners complies with relevant legislation (e.g. HMRC rules, Companies House processes).
- Supplier payments - organising the payment runs each week, making payments and sending out remittances.
- Supporting the Finance Director - providing support to ensure the right information is available when needed.
- Supporting the wider finance team to enable them to carry out their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Supporting the business with its day to day needs - dealing with the queries and issues that arise. Informing people of existing and new systems/procedures.
- GDPR - Being part of the team, co-ordinating activities and supporting employees.
- Other ad hoc tasks as defined by the Finance Director.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (link or PDF).