Developer trainee Bristol
This is a full-time, Bristol-based position for a developer intern. We’re offering a six-month or one-year contract. You’ll work alongside seasoned developers, user experience and design practitioners on a wide range of projects for our diverse portfolio of clients.
We are a user-centred design agency so embedding ourselves in our client’s culture and inhabiting their world is how we best understand their needs. We pride ourselves in assembling teams who can rapidly assess and pragmatically solve problems.
In this role we’ll ask you to help deliver a wide range of projects including:
- researching technical proof-of-concepts and working in teams to build and test prototypes
- building interfaces using React
- working with, or building RESTful APIs
- experimenting with technology and feeding back to the wider team
- helping develop coding standards and our own best practices
- using analytics to help gather insights and shape decisions about what to build
- participating in internal and client workshops
- sketching and sharing ideas in design and ideation sessions
- bringing energy and fresh ideas to the cxpartners team
Additionally, we love it when you represent us at conferences and events.
You’ll need to have:
- experience of programming languages (preferably with modern NodeJS) and databases (e.g. PostgresSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- experience using build tools such as Gulp and Grunt
- a pragmatic and balanced approach to applying technology to a solution
- good communication skills, including excellent written English
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- great organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- the right to live and work in UK
It would be nice if you had:
- an academic degree in computer sciences
- experience using cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon Web Services or Heroku
- some work experience, ideally working alongside other disciplines like designers and researchers
- an understanding of GIT and continuous delivery methods
In short, we are looking for resourceful, inquisitive people who want to work collaboratively to solve our users’ problems. Technical virtuosity is always great, but at cxpartners we like to cultivate ‘T’ shaped people; possessing deep specialist knowledge but with an awareness and empathy of the surrounding team and how best to work within it.
In return, we’ll offer you a monthly salary of £1,250 - £1,500 and the opportunity to further your development skills and benefit from our trainee development scheme. You’ll work both with well-known clients, and also with talented, friendly and experienced development, UX and design professionals. At the end of your traineeship, we hope there will be the opportunity to apply for a permanent junior developer role.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter, and, if possible, some examples of your work (links or a portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.