Business Development Manager Bristol
This is a key hire for cxpartners as we plan for growth in 2018. You’d be reporting directly to Giles Colborne, our CEO and one of our two founders. You’d create and implement a plan to help cxpartners deliver transformation and growth in our core sectors (Retail, Public Sector, Travel, and Financial Services). You’d be responsible for all our proactive, outbound new business and lead generation, working closely with our Experience Strategy Directors and Client Services teams, and integrating with our marketing and PR resources to drive engagement and awareness.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
With our CEO, create a business development strategy for the year, detailing our target sectors and clients, and outlining a plan for how we will drive engagement and awareness to reach our new biz target. This strategy will be approved by the board and evaluated each quarter. Our aim is to move to a greater proportion of longer term client engagements, programmes of work, rosters and frameworks.
Work with Richard Caddick (Strategic Consultant and Founding Partner), Giles Colborne and our senior team to meet the new biz target agreed by the board.
To do this, we’ll expect you to:
- Keep abreast of marketplace trends and changes, and understand the challenges our prospective clients are facing so that you can have confident conversations both at board/management level and with procurement teams.
- Identify and approach prospective clients (for example, by using your existing network, responding to things you see in the trade press, or using intermediaries), to share case studies and start engaging conversations. As part of this process, we’ll want you to find out about what rosters and frameworks our clients have that might be suitable for us to join.
- Demonstrate that you understand and have capacity to find different ways of engaging, not just cold calling. For example, we’d like you to attend relevant conferences and use these as networking opportunities.
- Work with our Marketing Manager to create innovative approaches to lead generation.
- Integrate into our ‘Pods’ (our client-focused mini businesses) so that you understand not just what kind of work we are doing at the moment, but what kind of work we want to be doing, and also the full set of cxpartners' current and desired services and products.
- Make sure our new business process works smoothly and delivers high quality responses by involving the right people at the right time.
- Create competitive, exciting new business proposals and pitches that fit with our sector plans and our product thinking.
In addition, we’ll ask you to manage and maintain our new business assets - case studies, credentials, intermediary relationships.
We’ll expect you to have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a business development role within a digital agency.
- Demonstrate experience of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience of working with senior level clients to form projects and set a shared vision for those projects. This should include pitching, proposal writing and a detailed understanding of client needs.
- The right to live and work in UK.
- Full clean UK driver’s licence.
- We have a client base in the UK, Europe, the Far East and elsewhere, so a willingness to travel throughout the UK, Europe and further afield is essential.
Salary £40 to 45k dependent on experience plus a commission structure for meeting and exceeding targets.