Operations Team Assistant Bristol
Sorry, this position no longer exists or has been filled
Please feel free to get in touch, though. We are always keen to meet good people : )
This is a 6 month, full-time role in our Central Bristol office, with the possibility to move to a permanent role at the end of the contract.
As our only Ops Team Assistant, you will be at the heart of our business and particularly of our studio, working closely with our Managing Director, our Employee Experience Director, our wider Operations Team, and our Project Managers (who are responsible for the scheduling and planning of our client projects). You’ll have a wide-ranging remit across the daily operations of cxpartners, with the aim of making things run smoothly, and supporting the senior team.
Although you’ll be based in Bristol, you’ll need to spend some time in our London office and get to know our team there.
You’ll report to our Employee Experience Director.
In particular, you will:
- Update, improve and then proactively manage our freelance database (currently a Google sheet and a Trello Board). We’ll want you to check in with our trusted freelancers regularly, to understand their availability and to keep a handle on their skills. We’ll ask you to vet CVs of new freelancers, record their information (in accordance with GDPR legislation), and arrange interviews for them. In time, we’ll want you to develop your understanding of our industry skill set and be able to directly engage relevant freelancers for contracts.
- Draw up contracts for freelancers (using our templates) and ensure their terms of engagement are clear. Make sure all freelancers have signed contracts, and store these securely and in accordance with GDPR legislation.
- Support the Employee Experience Director with HR/ Legal tasks and admin as required, for example, process childcare vouchers, add new starters to our Healthcare plan, update our Staff information database, reply to speculative applicants, help manage work experience students.
- Help manage the calendars of our senior team (and in particular our Managing Director), for example by booking meetings, organising travel, and arranging interviews.
- Provide cover for our Office Manager’s holidays and time off, and extra capacity at busy times, in particular by covering reception/ front desk duties, and looking after clients and visitors.
- Assist our Office Manager in the general upkeep of the office, for example, loading and unloading the dishwasher, helping to keep the office tidy, helping with social events such as the Christmas party
- Assist our Office Manager with travel bookings.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with a helpful, “can do” attitude. You will work well in a team but also be comfortable working alone. We’re looking for a sunny disposition, and for someone who is proactive, can anticipate situations and work well under pressure. We’d like someone who is flexible and enjoys contributing to a creative and busy team.
Most importantly, you’ll have excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
You’ll have a good head for numbers and be highly organised. (e.g. spreadsheets, databases, budgets).
You’ll have great attention to detail, ensuring that all tasks are completed with care and precision.
You’ll probably have a university degree and some work experience in an administrative or support role. If you have experience in a similar, creative environment, that would be a plus. This is an ideal first role for someone considering a career in digital project management, studio management, or HR.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. Whilst you’re with us:
- We’ll pay you a monthly salary of £1,220 - £1,500 (dependent on experience).
- You’ll get a chance to join in with the activities of our Bristol team (for example Cake Wednesdays, where we take it in turns to share skills with each other as a team).
- You’ll get the opportunity to gain practical HR and project management skills and experience, working with talented, friendly and experienced professionals.
- You’ll experience the fast pace of agency life.
- We’ll provide you with a written reference at the end of your time with us.
- You’ll get 12.5 days paid holiday.
- You’ll be automatically enrolled in our company pension plan.
- You’ll get a Macbook.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV.
No agencies, please.