Account Manager London and Bristol
We’re an internationally renowned experience design consultancy working with some of the biggest names in digital, making a difference to millions of people around the world.
Our Bristol office needs an Account Manager who can help us to deepen our understanding of our clients’ needs, and work with the consultancy team to develop programmes of work that transform our clients’ organisations. It’s a chance to join a growing team and play a key role in taking it to the next level.
As an Account Manager you’ll be:
Working in one of our ‘pods’, our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (read Giles’ blog about pods here). You’ll be combining your understanding of our clients’ needs with their knowledge about our skills and services. You’ll map out our clients’ organisations and help us to understand what makes them tick. You’ll report into the Client Engagement Director (CED) in your pod and share best practice and professional growth with our other account management staff in Bristol and London.
You’ll also work collaboratively with our project managers, UX consultants, designers and front-end developers to shape projects, and to make sure that the skills and time allocated to your projects are sufficient to meet your clients’ needs and expectations.
In the role you are expected to:
- Support your Client Engagement Director in the creation Client Development Plans and client roadmaps. To do this you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses.
- Manage a number of client accounts, building and maintaining relationships with clients often through regular face to face contact and meetings.
- Ensure we have a good understanding of your client's sign off process and what is required to get work started. To do this, you’ll need to build strong, open, and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work with the CED to achieve the target revenue for your client accounts, against an agreed budget.
- Help your CED to manage your pod’s clients within our CRM.
- Help negotiate commercial arrangements with our clients.
- Work with our consultancy to make sure we understand our client's business and have good relationships with the right contacts to advance the CDP.
- Define a client contact strategy and identify a lead contact from cxpartners for each client.
- Working with your CED, help to manage the pitch / RFP process to ensure that the pitch team has a strategy for winning and that documents and presentations meet our standards and fit our vision and values.
Our clients are based in the UK, Europe, and beyond, so you’ll need to be able to travel to them and spend time working at their offices.
Your personal qualities:
- You’ll care as much as we do about the need to involve users in the design process. For us this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight.
- You’ll understand that great relationships are about building a sense of trust and honesty - so you won’t be afraid to have the difficult conversations that bring about long-term success. You’ll also have the emotional intelligence to understand how to have those conversations sensitively and how to develop solutions in collaboration with diverse teams.
- You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
- You’ll have great presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story.
- You’ll show evidence of great commercial awareness.
- You’ll be fantastic at consultative selling and influencing and will have great negotiation skills.
You’ll have the following experience:
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a similar role, with evidence of your success.
- Experience managing a number of clients with a range of client sizes/types/relationships
- Experience of managing and meeting financial targets, including sales and project profitability, and providing updates on progress back to the Board or senior stakeholders.
- Degree level education.
- The right to live and work in UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get a great package with 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV.